Colour Palette: Fresh Ideas For Green & Black

1 | 2
Black. I suspect that it isn’t the first colour you would associate with spring. Am I right? Well, I can understand why because whilst those noir hues are beautiful, they don’t exactly feel fresh. That’s until you start to pair them with lush green shades and crisp white base notes. Then we’re talking a whole new ball game, folks! Take the left hand kitchen, where the palette of ash grey and black is punctured with a small handful of green and yellow accents, which add a sense of depth and energy to the richly coloured scheme. Similarly in the right hand kitchen, we see how the striking black and white palette is broken up by using greenery to soften the space. Have you combined black and green before? What are your top tips for decorating with this palette?

• Reply Ice Beautiful February 29, 2012 at 12:43 am

I love the combination of black and green! I am working on the interior where everything turned into the scheme “white-black-green”. Thanks for inspiration!

• Reply sfgirlbybay February 29, 2012 at 1:50 am

LOVE it, will! looks great together!

• Reply Colleen / Inspired to Share February 29, 2012 at 1:52 am

I love this unexpected combo! Thanks for the inspiration! x

• Reply Claudia Lane February 29, 2012 at 2:00 am

Great images, great colour combo…the kitchen looks lovely and fresh despite the black wall -thanks to the green white and yellow of course

• Reply Cyndi Murdoch February 29, 2012 at 2:07 am

I am a fan of black and white -or their close cousin grey – and bright colors… so fresh and lively especially if the colors are on the warm side of the color wheel!

• Reply Inés February 29, 2012 at 2:37 am

The green really works wanders in a black & white pattern!!
    Your blog is always an inspiration to me!

Big hugs!
    Inés

SimplyClassyMe.blogspot.com

PD: I use same gorgeous pics of Bright Bazaar previous posts in my Simply Striped post today. I hope you like it!.

• Reply Gild and Grace February 29, 2012 at 2:48 am

You're right Will – green definitely freshens up darker tones. Love that first room in particular :)

Abbey x

• Reply Kelly Green February 29, 2012 at 4:00 am

ooohhhhh LOVE black and green together. I am already converted. Thanks for the gorgeous pics! (and for stopping by my blog to say hi! ) KG xx

• Reply Jacqueline February 29, 2012 at 5:19 am

oh wow… i hadn't considered pairing green with black (i do so love it with brown or pink, though). but it actually really pops! you've converted me; i'm a fan. :)

• Reply Sherry February 29, 2012 at 5:45 am

I cannot get enough of black, white and green. Your inspiration photos are really appealing to me. I LOVE GREEN especially and pair it mostly with white and little punctuations of black. That first kitchen feels really rich and the second has a Scandinavian air about it. Very very nice.

• Reply Hannah February 29, 2012 at 7:16 am

Really like this! I think black paired with the right colour can always look suitably spring like- love the green.

• Reply Free Coupons February 29, 2012 at 8:01 am

Looking great with Black and Green Combination! It's really looking well furnished.
    Loved this idea! Thanks for sharing such fresh ideas.

• Reply Lallabel February 29, 2012 at 9:11 am

Go black, go!!!

• Reply Itzi February 29, 2012 at 10:04 am

Very very natural, I like it so much.

Itzi.decoritzion

• Reply Rachel {little bits of lovely} February 29, 2012 at 11:05 am

I always love black, but here both rooms look very fresh + modern with the green xx

• Reply Sandy a la Mode February 29, 2012 at 12:47 pm

ohhh i love black and green!! the black does really soften up the green and make it pop!

• Reply Tim February 29, 2012 at 6:04 pm

absolutely!! You might have just inspired me to decorate my balcony this year with Kelly Green! I already have a black and white rug and grey geometric prints for seat cushions. Now may the the hunt for the perfect green fabrics begin!

• Reply Divina Chita Brasil February 29, 2012 at 6:25 pm

I like it. I love the kitchen!!

• Reply elisa February 29, 2012 at 8:30 pm

that's a delightful green, like fresh basil and daffodil leaves.

• Reply Pinecone Camp March 1, 2012 at 4:45 pm

I absolutely love this colour combo. It's definitely says “spring” to me.

• Reply Nordic Bliss March 1, 2012 at 11:23 pm

I love this Will!!! :D Green and black is beautiful!