Three Inspirations: Dining, Entryway & Pantry

1. Dominic Blackmore for Ideal Home | 2 | 3. Chris Everard for Livingetc
It wasn’t until I finished laying out this post and came to start writing that I realised how all three inspirations centred around getting organised. Perhaps it’s something to do with the New Year? Or, more likely, it’s a reflection of my OCD approach to organisation! Either way, these three spaces have me super inspired as I head into the weekend. The first is an excellent example of how to delicately add colour, even when using bright hues. The Tiffany blue school chair breaks the neutral linens that adorn the table, whilst the tomato red pendant draws the eye down to the table creating intimacy in the space. As for the industrial storage unit, well, you wouldn’t have to ask me twice to snap that up! I dream of having a home big enough to take an entryway the size of the one shown above. The patterned paper adds interest to the all-white space and the baskets hide clutter – just what my (much smaller!) entryway needs. Finally, I just had to include this colourful pantry; the perfectly lined up bottles, jars and bags really made me smile. Which space do you like best, friends?

• Reply Jacqueline January 20, 2012 at 5:51 am

oooh i guess i'd pick the dining room because that's really versatile. but i do love the colors of the pantry! and pantries are so photogenic. tough call!

• Reply Hannah January 20, 2012 at 6:50 am

Vintage industrial for me! Although I love the pale pink shade used in image two!

• Reply two hippos January 20, 2012 at 9:01 am

all fabulous, but I'm loving the hallway – probably as I've been thinking how I will be able to bring some life and colour to ours!

• Reply coupons January 20, 2012 at 9:13 am

Great post! and incredible blog ! Very helpful post! I must say. Simple & interesting. Wonderful work!
    thank you!

• Reply jeni January 20, 2012 at 9:57 am

that pantry is amazing. it's cheerful and colorful, and blargh, i need my own kitchen to decorate.

• Reply Gild and Grace January 20, 2012 at 10:47 am

Love the entryway Will! I think it's the wallpaper that grabs me :)

Abbey x

• Reply littletree... January 20, 2012 at 11:27 am

Ooh I love the colourful pantry with all those funky cannisters and jars! But I would love a patterned hall like this too!x

• Reply Eleni January 20, 2012 at 11:35 am

Love everything that has to do with organization (a bit of OCD myself..) and the entryway photo has gotten my attention. The white rattan boxes and the tidy way the shoes are placed. And what does the bag do on the floor???? Put it away pronto, hehe!

• Reply Mary Middleton Design January 20, 2012 at 11:53 am

oh Will I love the red pendant makes SUCH an impact. Fabulous post as always and food for thought :)

• Reply Ice Beautiful January 20, 2012 at 1:21 pm

Vintage industrial, no question! I like the patterned entryway too: not the patern and style, but how organized it is!

• Reply Anonymous January 20, 2012 at 1:37 pm

Ooh, I love the London tins in the pantry! Any idea where I can get them?

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar January 20, 2012 at 7:47 pm

I'm not 100% sure but I think you might be able to find similar here: http://www.peoplewillalwaysneedplates.co.uk/ – good luck!

• Reply Anonymous January 22, 2012 at 9:08 pm

Thanks Will! I think they're probably rip-offs of PWANPlates, I've spent all day trying to track them down! The search continues, if I do discover them I'll report back ;)
      Thanks! Kate x

• Reply Rachie @ A Chi Chi Affair January 20, 2012 at 2:01 pm

Love that entryway – so beautiful! Oh to have that in my house!
    Rachie xo

• Reply Igor Josifovic January 20, 2012 at 2:08 pm

My favorite ist the vintage industrial dining – love this combination!

• Reply Reshma at colorcanopy.blogspot.com January 20, 2012 at 2:34 pm

Fantastic inspirations! Our entry way needs a splash of color! All those winter boots look rather boring at home! Thanks for the inspiration!

• Reply Jessie January 20, 2012 at 3:22 pm

I am in love with the vintage industrial dining area. It's fresh and unexpected.

• Reply Stacey January 20, 2012 at 4:44 pm

love them all but i get the flutters from the dining room. it speaks to everything that i adore:-). xx

• Reply Julie-White Tapestry January 20, 2012 at 7:15 pm

I wish my closet looked that organized!! Happy weekend, Will!

• Reply Deborah Piana Agostinetti January 20, 2012 at 8:21 pm

I love all!

• Reply Birch + Bird January 20, 2012 at 9:44 pm

Love all of these, especially that red pendant light! And my closets and cupboards need a major overhaul…thanks for reminding me ;) By the way, will you be at Alt Summit next year? I'm jealously stalking tweets and will definitely be getting tickets in time for the next one! ~Lily

• Reply Heather Joy January 22, 2012 at 10:24 pm

sign me up for the patterned entryway!! love that wallpaper!