Home Tour: A Festive Scandi Home

Home | Photography by Federikke Heiberg | Market Picks: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Oh, boy! This home is SUCH a festive treat! Owned by couple Mille and Christine, who holiday there with their two girls, the home shows how simple, organic elements can make for a charming, sophisticated and understated Christmas decorating scheme; this quite ironic given the home was originally built as a summer house! The couple decorate with vintage ornaments and family pieces handed down from generations before them, which gives the space a personal and welcoming feel. Despite extending the home, I like how the couple have maintained the building’s original character, such as the light wood floors, adding colour through the barn red doors inside and the black doors outside. As for that natural festive tablescape: isn’t it just beautiful? What do you like about this wonderfully festive home?

• Reply Igor Josifovic November 30, 2011 at 12:04 am

Literally, I like everything! I love the natural inspiration, the neutral hues and pops of colour and texture with natural elements. Great home tour!

• Reply Pinecone Camp November 30, 2011 at 12:30 am

I have to say, I'm a bit of a nature girl myself when it comes to Christmas. This is such a beautiful home and the decor just adds to it. Love it.

• Reply Laura Trevey November 30, 2011 at 12:54 am

Gorgeous! I love using real evergreens and pine cones above our mantel and on the table as well.

• Reply Chic Coles November 30, 2011 at 1:21 am

That Christmas table is just stunning. What a beautiful house.

• Reply Blythe November 30, 2011 at 1:22 am

love those fairy lights! beautiful for a new year's party.

• Reply Cynthia Fox-Giddens November 30, 2011 at 2:56 am

Very nice home and I agree that the natural light shining through is great. There are lovely touches in the whole house.

• Reply Rachel {Little Bits of Lovely} November 30, 2011 at 3:12 am

Such a gorgeous home and so beautifully festive! I love the table setting and all the decorative touches sprinkled throughout their home – the children's bedroom is so lovely! xx

• Reply Justina Blakeney November 30, 2011 at 4:28 am

Those cowbells are a must– oh and this post makes me want to have a christmas tree in my home year round!

• Reply Cyndi Murdoch November 30, 2011 at 4:48 am

The holiday season really brings out the nature in us doesn't it. Actually, brings “in” the nature doesn't it? This is a beautiful example of how simple touches of it can make such an impact!

• Reply Hannah November 30, 2011 at 6:41 am

I love the trees and lights everywhere! My 2 favourite elements of Christmas- decoration-wise! :)

• Reply homeboundtheheartoflife November 30, 2011 at 7:41 am

i would move in there in an instant. i love it and i'm especially in love with the tolix chairs. but then the house is beautiful in general, all that white and light, some pops of colour and the alsmost rustic but still elegant christmas decorations, it's just wonderful.

• Reply Banebakken November 30, 2011 at 8:26 am

I LOVE this home. It´s just so calm, so beautifully fragile without any effort. All so natural and clear minded…

• Reply Itzi November 30, 2011 at 9:07 am

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooh, I love the cow bells and the tree. I´m looking for one like that but small, so I can put it on the table.

Really nice house decoration. Congratulations for the post.

• Reply Eva November 30, 2011 at 9:50 am

Beautiful home tour! I love the relaxed feel and the tablescape is definitely my favourite, too!

• Reply Rachie @ A Chi Chi Affair November 30, 2011 at 10:27 am

I would die to live here. How gorgeous – I love the paired down luxe feel and it isnt overstyled. So nice to see the outside too!

Rachie xo

• Reply Gild and Grace November 30, 2011 at 11:33 am

I love every detail of this gorgeous home Will. Such a rustic, cosy feel and love the white reindeer on the table :)

Abbey x

• Reply ALL ABOUT CHOCOLATE CREATIVE... November 30, 2011 at 12:26 pm

I hope to start my xmas decorations going this weekend, my them would be black, white, red and crystal…

• Reply Hoola Tallulah November 30, 2011 at 1:35 pm

The scandinavians are clever buggers aren't they, their style is always spot on, loving their table decor, paired back and yet strikingly beautiful.

• Reply capelli corti e ballerine November 30, 2011 at 2:00 pm

• Reply White Tapestry November 30, 2011 at 3:45 pm

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!

• Reply Megan Gilger November 30, 2011 at 4:13 pm

totally smitten! This is wonderful. I am always a fan of scandinavian homes so adding in this natural and vintage holiday decor just wins my heart

• Reply Lallabel November 30, 2011 at 4:23 pm

Man! I thought to that table decor a few weeks ago!
    I like it!!!

• Reply Jessie November 30, 2011 at 4:33 pm

I love the table decor and the vaulted beamed ceiling! Beautiful home!

• Reply lisaroyhandbags November 30, 2011 at 5:27 pm

I love the fresh, simplicity of the decor. Lots of naturall accents – those Scandinavians know how to do it right!

• Reply Amanda November 30, 2011 at 5:38 pm

The best possible holiday decor – simple and lovely! I especially like the look of the sparse tree in the white space. Perfect!

• Reply Crissy @ House of Marlowe November 30, 2011 at 7:08 pm

Oh, I just love the unfussy attitude. Sometimes less is definitely more!

• Reply Kathi November 30, 2011 at 8:45 pm

perfection !!! thanks for sharing this, it made my day and gave me great ideas about the holiday decorating I am about to start this weekend

• Reply skippysays November 30, 2011 at 10:38 pm

I love how simple and understated but still festive it is!

• Reply Lana {lanalou style} December 2, 2011 at 2:24 pm

I love this! So beautiful, just so simple and natural. Have a great weekend, Will!

• Reply Julian Blasco | sofas piel December 4, 2011 at 9:18 pm

I love your ideas for Christmas decorating ideas was searching the net and I came across your wonderful blog, congratulations and Merry Christmas from Spain.