Uncategorized

Country Style: Colour & Styling Inspirations

Country Style | Photography by Craig Wall
The moment I set eyes on this beautifully styled shoot in Country Style magazine I knew I would eventually wax lyrical about it over here on Bright.Bazaar! First off, the shoot includes the excellent Whitby wallpaper by my buddies over at Mini Moderns. I can see why they used the paper in the shoot because it’s teal-like colour way (affectionately named Washed Denim by the MM chaps!) works perfectly with the overall theme. The rustic wooden surfaces, eclectic mix and match glass jars and beautifully patterned tiles all combined to create an inspiring series of images that demonstrate top notch composition. Whether it be for how one decides on the tiles for a kitchen splash back or the new wallpaper for a guest bedroom, I think there are some great ideas here that can be used when cataloguing our own decorating inspirations at home. What inspires you about this colour-led shoot?

You Might Also Like

• Reply Saskiaj November 29, 2011 at 12:55 am

I'm loving those geometric tiles. I'm a little bit obsessed by geometrics! And the tree wallpaper in the background. I think it's Cole and Son. I wish one of my clients would choose it for their home so i could design a scheme around it! Beautiful wintry colours.
    Saskia x

• Reply Jessie November 29, 2011 at 1:49 am

Wonderful color inspiration and gorgeous styling! Love the tiles and birch tree wallpaper!

Jessie

• Reply martine@martinelouisedesign November 29, 2011 at 2:08 am

Lovely post will. Love the soft colors

• Reply Rachel {Little Bits of Lovely} November 29, 2011 at 2:14 am

I love these gorgeous wallpapers Will! I think I detected a pretty owl one in the basket too – I must try and track this down as I have a thing for owls at the moment! xx

• Reply JAMI from IMAGINE DESIGN BLOG November 29, 2011 at 2:31 am

OOOOH! So happy to have found Mini Moderns on here!! Love it! Going to order some samples now.

XO – Jami
    Imagine Design Blog

• Reply Tommy November 29, 2011 at 4:17 am

I love how they showed the color samples on tags. Genius!

• Reply jon November 29, 2011 at 5:14 am

love these colors! i'm playing around with a lot of the same tones in the new place!

• Reply Eleni November 29, 2011 at 7:44 am

Love the blue tones being used and the rustic elements. They get along so good together!

• Reply Igor Josifovic November 29, 2011 at 8:42 am

This makes me wanna go creative and arty – now I wonder whether I should turn my multi-winged apartment into a studio? We will see. Inspiring post:-)

• Reply Allison Egan November 29, 2011 at 9:03 am

Aqua can be wintery too! I love the aqua paired with a bit of dusty rose pink and some black and white. Beautiful!

xo Allison
    Spicer + Bank

• Reply MichaelaRae November 29, 2011 at 9:10 am

Love, love, love! The colors are fantastic. I love warm browns with teal and light blues – perfect combo. Also, I adore anything nautical, so the wallpaper in the last shot is brilliant.

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar November 29, 2011 at 10:36 am

@Saskiaj – The tiles are lovely and yes, the colours do feel quite wintery I agree!

@Jessie – The styling is great, it's all about those little details! xx

@Martine, Eleni – Love the blue hues!

@Rachel – Oh, me too. I've been addicted to owls for ages now! xx

@Jami – Mini Moderns are awesome. Seriously, let me know if you need anything from those guys and I'll put you in touch because they rock! Check them out for sure! xx

@Tommy – That was one of my favourite styling elements, too!

@Jon – Liking the colour idea for the new place. The whitby wallpaper could work well for a place by the sea, too!

@Igor – Who needs a kitchen when you can have a studio?! ;)

@Allison, MichaelaRae – Aren't they just! We have teal-coloured decorations at home this year! xx

• Reply anamublog November 29, 2011 at 10:46 am

oooo i'm liking the metallic(?) burlap – it would make really pretty place mats or a full table runner.

• Reply Martina November 29, 2011 at 11:00 am

Love the soft colors here, although i normally tend to the brighter shades. So laid back and done with so much taste and care. Love your blog here, very inspiring!

• Reply Gild and Grace November 29, 2011 at 11:13 am

The colour palette is so lovely Will! So much to love about this shoot :)

Abbey x

• Reply Eva November 29, 2011 at 12:11 pm

Beautiful! I love the colours and the natural surfaces, but most of all I love how this shows what can be done with very little and basic materials and someone's great creative vision!

• Reply vicki archer November 29, 2011 at 12:18 pm

Loving the paper combinations with the rustic… gorgeous paint hues… xv

• Reply Deborah Piana Agostinetti November 29, 2011 at 1:32 pm

Love the colors that you propose, the soft blue and the natural! It's so chic!!!!

• Reply lace, vanilla & poise November 29, 2011 at 2:33 pm

Nothing beats some turquoise!!!

• Reply lace, vanilla & poise November 29, 2011 at 2:33 pm

Nothing beats some turquoise!!!

• Reply lace, vanilla & poise November 29, 2011 at 2:33 pm

Nothing beats some turquoise!!!

• Reply lace, vanilla & poise November 29, 2011 at 2:33 pm

Nothing beats some turquoise!!!

• Reply lace, vanilla & poise November 29, 2011 at 2:33 pm

Nothing beats some turquoise!!!

• Reply lisaroyhandbags November 29, 2011 at 4:10 pm

Love the colours and the wallpaper is fantastic. I love the rustic wood touches with the aqua glass jar :)

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar November 29, 2011 at 7:43 pm

@anamublog – Nice idea!

@Martina, Abbey, vicki, Deborah, Lace, Lisa – Me too, I felt these colours were perfect for the season!

@Eva – Here, here! Well said!

• Reply Rachie @ A Chi Chi Affair November 29, 2011 at 10:12 pm

Ooh having a moment with the teal wallpaper too! xo

• Reply 7 Year Wedding November 29, 2011 at 10:47 pm

That colour scheme is just devine!!!!!

• Reply Birch + Bird November 29, 2011 at 11:36 pm

LOVE those painted tags!

• Reply Maureen at The Inglenook Decor November 30, 2011 at 1:38 am

I adore Country Living so much! this is so fun, such an eclectic mix of modern paper & vintage stuff, mason jars r classic!