Store Tour: Galateo & Friends, Italy

Photography by Reed Davis and Will Taylor
During my trip to Italy this summer I stayed at my friend Annette’s beautiful vacation home on the Italian Riveria and she kindly showed us around her favourite haunts in the local town. By far my favourite of these stores was Galateo & Friends, a concept store stocking oils, candles, finger foods, linens and home accessories. The clean, white palette is punctuated with bold red hues: modernist bulbs hang from blood red cords and burnt red thread is used to signify tomato candles. The service was outstanding (a lot of British retail could really do with learning a thing or two from the Italian hospitality) and the products of the highest quality. If you’re heading to the Italian Riveria then do be sure to pop into Galateo & Friends.

You Might Also Like

• Reply Jessie September 13, 2011 at 11:09 pm

What a charming shop! I love the red stitching on the tomato candles!

Jessie

• Reply Justina Blakeney September 13, 2011 at 11:53 pm

ONE WORD FOR YOU: Jealous! No, but seriously, your (and that shop) are both adorable!

• Reply Emily- Simply Southern September 14, 2011 at 2:22 am

such pretty stuff!
    xo emily

• Reply happysnapshots September 14, 2011 at 4:14 am

i am swooning over some of these goodies! and i love the graphic design touches throughout your collage.

• Reply Rachel {Little Bits of Lovely} September 14, 2011 at 4:59 am

Sounds incredible and what a divine looking store! All of the products look so beautiful and gorgeously packaged xx

• Reply Amanda McIvor September 14, 2011 at 10:42 am

A beautiful shop – I wish I could just pop in. Also enjoyed playing 'spot the tomato' in the shots!

• Reply jillian :: cornflake dreams. September 14, 2011 at 11:52 am

what a beautiful store! i love the over-sized white letters! xoxo jillian:: cornflake dreams

• Reply C.B. September 14, 2011 at 12:38 pm

Awesome tip! I'm leaving for Toscany on Friday. Hopefully I can stop over there…..it's so cute.

• Reply postcards and pretties September 14, 2011 at 1:25 pm

such a beautiful shop! loving the pops of red!

• Reply Pinecone Camp September 14, 2011 at 2:53 pm

First of all, nice ensemble. ;) Looks like a fabulous little shop. Did you buy loads of stuff?

• Reply cassandra @ coco+kelley September 14, 2011 at 3:17 pm

oh my gosh – this shop is giving me heart palpitations!! (and lots of ideas for my dad's new restaurant/shop). thank you so much for sharing will! those little tomato candles are SO good.

• Reply White Tapestry September 14, 2011 at 5:26 pm

That sounds like a great day…and fun! Looks like a great shop.

• Reply sfgirlbybay September 14, 2011 at 5:28 pm

what a beautiful shop…and you look so cute shopping in it. i want your job. :)

• Reply Paige September 14, 2011 at 6:10 pm

too, too, too cute!! Check out my blog for some more cute interiors :)

• Reply Kerry September 14, 2011 at 7:13 pm

What a rough job that must've been? :)

The shop is so lovely and you must've had a great time in Italy! I'd love to go back and show our little munchkin (when she's a little older and can appreciate it more of course haha)

• Reply jules @ The Diversion Project September 15, 2011 at 1:53 pm

so jealous of you! Reed was my host brother when i was a young thing on exchange in the states. would dearly love to catch up with him.

looks like you all had a great trip!

• Reply christine, just bella September 15, 2011 at 4:45 pm

Um, adorable store and I love it even more that it's in Italy! I want your job ;)

• Reply peggy | bluepoolroad September 16, 2011 at 9:43 pm

adding this to my list of places to visit in italy! too lovely…