Uncategorized

Fireplace Plate Wall

This is a prime example of an all-white space that Mr. Bazaar could get down with. Why? Well, the lovely Yvonne from Yvestown has created visual depth and interest to the white palette in her kitchen by adding colourful wallpaper and accessories which lift the mood of the space. Look at how well the plates match the wallpaper, yet the whole room doesn’t feel forced or overly co-ordinated. Rather, these little details create a coherent space that oozes a comfortable, welcoming and gently colourful vibe. And as for that top shot? It would make a top notch magazine cover shot, right?

• Reply Only Beautiful Things September 30, 2011 at 6:33 am

It's great idea! I really like this white fireplace :)

• Reply Allison Egan September 30, 2011 at 9:04 am

Beautiful – I love the idea of hanging antique of vintage plates- family heirlooms would be so great! I also love that they are 3D, adds so much texture.

xo Allison
    Spicer + Bank

• Reply littletree... September 30, 2011 at 9:22 am

Loving the pale green retro lampshade, I really want to do something like this with my plate collection one day!x

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar September 30, 2011 at 9:28 am

@ Littletree I think Habitat stock something very similar called the Aerial pendant light. Here's the link to it in their online store: http://tinyurl.com/69sljnt. It's in red here but I know they do it in the mint green, too!

• Reply Lorna September 30, 2011 at 11:47 am

That is lovely, really pretty

• Reply Helena - A Diary of Lovely September 30, 2011 at 1:22 pm

lovely, i love the color scheme. her home is in general really pretty!

• Reply Danielle {freshquince} September 30, 2011 at 4:31 pm

Love all white as long as there is a lot of texture going on and this is perfect!

• Reply Britt @ Dreamy Spaces September 30, 2011 at 4:55 pm

Very pretty colors. I like that wallpaper.

• Reply EnchantedHoneyBee September 30, 2011 at 5:43 pm

It's beautiful. Love the plates, love the decor! Thank you for sharing! I'm a new follower :)

• Reply a m o u r e t t e September 30, 2011 at 7:14 pm

wow i think i'm in love with the red cord on the sea foam green hanging lamp!

• Reply Rachie @ A Chi Chi Affair September 30, 2011 at 10:04 pm

You are so right and I love the exposed bricks in the all white fire place xo

• Reply Nordic Bliss October 3, 2011 at 12:38 pm

Oh I've always wanted to do this – have a plate wall. But my collection of pretty plates isn't big enough quite yet. I will have to get out to some thrift stores and find more :)

• Reply Jessie October 3, 2011 at 6:33 pm

This looks fabulous! I love how the details of those plates are similar to the wallpaper. They doesn't contrived, just cohesive and beautiful!

Jessie