Uncategorized

Weekend Tablescape: Earthenware Naturals

Table | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
I’ve always found laying the table a relaxing activity. When I lived at home it soon became tradition that I would lay the table before dinner (hey, it got me outta the washing up!) and as I grew older – and discovered my interest for interiors – I began experimenting with tablescape designs. In the lead up to Christmas I would gather left over baubles and ribbons and for birthdays I would hunt for seasonal pieces, all of which I would use to compliment our existing tabletop pieces. With a change in seasons just weeks away, I thought I’d pull together inspiration for a trans-seasonal tablescape: the saturated, nautical blues of high summer have been swapped out for washed-out navy hues and fall-like, harvest-inspired textures replace silky linens – the perfect table for the final alfresco dinners of the year. What are your weekend plans, folks?

• Reply LESAPEA MUSINGS August 6, 2011 at 6:41 am

This comment has been removed by the author.

• Reply LESAPEA MUSINGS August 6, 2011 at 6:43 am

I love the napkins very much. Have a great weeekend.

Lisa x

• Reply Samantha August 6, 2011 at 10:49 am

I love this look, these are the kind of things you can find at a thrift store/charity shop, which I'm a bit fan of. Love Toast too. :)
    Do you have any great thrift stores where you live?

• Reply fleurishingblog.com August 6, 2011 at 2:16 pm

That is Terrain, isn't it?! My fav place!! (and 10 minutes from me), I'm lucky. Bon samedi Will!

• Reply Apt. #34 August 6, 2011 at 4:39 pm

Such a great combo! Wish we could have a dinner party this summer!

• Reply vosges paris August 6, 2011 at 4:54 pm

Once made a birthday basket for my sister with napkins with some ribbon (dunno how number 6 is called in english) I had little tags on them with pictures of us together ;)
    This weekend err… I spent the morning at the Noordermarkt for food and antics and watched some of the Gay parade that was held in the canals today.. one big party downtown today.

• Reply Maryam August 6, 2011 at 5:56 pm

Just lovely!! Thanks for sharing!!

xo, Maryam

• Reply Mochatini August 6, 2011 at 6:03 pm

lovely! i am so into natural organic materials mixed with modern graphics!! agree with erin, a dinner party would have been fab! happy weekend will
    manvi @ mochatini

• Reply Rachie @ A Chi Chi Affair August 7, 2011 at 11:38 pm

Love a tablescape too and those mason jar shakers are gorgeous!
    Rxx

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar August 8, 2011 at 12:14 pm

Thanks, folks! Yes, I love Terrain as well – such an inspiring and creative store.

• Reply courtneyoutloud August 8, 2011 at 4:53 pm

Napkins and salad/dessert plates are my weakness. I have WAY too many of them but I find they are the easiest way to jazz up a table setting. This post has got me thinking that I really need to start planning for the holidays…..