Uncategorized

Three Inspirations: Blue Sofa / Yellow Fire Surround / Dotty Throw

1 | 2 | 3
First up in this week’s Three Inspirations┬ápost is a divine living room that has been furnished with a bold, blue sofa and accessorised with mustard yellow cushions that makes a winning colour combination. Up next is the yellow fire surround, which is a fine example of how to make a statement with colour without painting a feature wall. Finally, I couldn’t help but smile when I saw the dotty bedspread; there’s something Alice in Wonderland about it, don’t you think? Room number one gets my vote (those exposed bricks pushed it over in pole position) but which space do you like best?

• Reply Mackenzie {Design Darling} August 4, 2011 at 12:13 am

That yellow surround is a beauty! You always find the loveliest things, my friend! xx

• Reply Michelle August 4, 2011 at 1:15 am

That yellow fireplace is so bold and daring definately my favourite!

• Reply Ellise @ Charles Whyte August 4, 2011 at 2:13 am

I also have to say the yellow fireplace. I adore that sunny hue! But I also love the whole scene – the cute bits and pieces in frames, the faux fire, the logs and the pair of Hunters!

• Reply Angeline August 4, 2011 at 2:19 am

I love the idea of DIY-ing the lamp in #3. The polka-dots, #'s on the pillow, and wallpaper are so appealing to me – but that plush blue sofa, painting and the blue window with the wood, metal, fur, and brick textures in #1 make it my favorite look.

Thanks for inspiring/sharing/doing what you do!

• Reply Madame Meg August 4, 2011 at 3:38 am

Hi! I popped over from your guest spot on Belle Maison. I love how cheery it is over here! And I am absolutely in LOVE with the yellow mantel. Traditional woodwork and chair rail combine with quirky color, brass bells and wood logs? Yes purr-lease!!
    : ) Meg

• Reply Rachel {Little Bits of Lovely} August 4, 2011 at 7:03 am

Room #1 is amazing! Love the couch, so fab! The yellow fireplace is a knock-out too xx

• Reply LatteLisa August 4, 2011 at 9:54 am

blue sofa love!

• Reply el {what you fancy} August 4, 2011 at 10:20 am

Love the first picture, gorgeous colour combo! Btw – when will we get to see updates of your place?!
    ~el

• Reply Rachie @ A Chi Chi Affair August 4, 2011 at 10:51 am

Room number 1 for me too as I adore the blue sofa and of course that exposed brickwork. Like room 3as well though!
    Rachie xo

• Reply Jenna August 4, 2011 at 4:14 pm

What is not to love in them all? I must say though that the yellow mantle made my heart skip a beat…a bright hue in such a staple piece give that unexpected pop that I so dearly love…wonderful Will!
    XO~