Home Tour: Colourful London Houseboat

Photography | Alun Callender
Have you ever considered living on a houseboat? I don’t think I ever have until I saw this delightful tour of author Josie Curran’s houseboat on the Thames in London. Shot by photographer Alun Callender, the houseboat packs a punch of colour with pretty, colourful vignettes and bold hits of pattern. I really like how Josie has mixed old, vintage pieces in with more modern designs. The bedroom has a very relaxing feel to it and the right-on-the-water decked area is certainly very appealing, but it’s the cosy, colourful dining area that wins out for me. What do you like about Josie Curran’s houseboat?

You Might Also Like

• Reply Kerry August 4, 2011 at 11:04 pm

I'd definitely live on THIS houseboat! So lovely! :)

• Reply Miss Polly August 4, 2011 at 11:44 pm

Gorgeous dream house…..so sweet and refreshing.

• Reply David Toms August 5, 2011 at 12:10 am

Wonderfully eclectic and colourful! It is all in the little touches and details as you say. When do i move in!

• Reply little yellow apple August 5, 2011 at 12:25 am

I love so much of their pretty little house boat. The pillow on their leather chair, and on their bed. The pile of pillows on the porch, the old desk in their bedroom, and of course the view of the water out their windows! Thanks for sharing this Will, this place is gorg!

• Reply Designwali August 5, 2011 at 1:09 am

such a happy home.

• Reply Michelle August 5, 2011 at 2:32 am

There are some amazing houseboats in Amsterdam as well, I love how they put lots of pots and plants around them to make a little garden. I love the use of colour in this houseboat, it looks so fun and inviting.

• Reply Jessie August 5, 2011 at 2:32 am

I love this place. So charming and pretty. The beautiful colors and quirky pieces won me over!

Jessie

• Reply Kim @ In a State of Luxe August 5, 2011 at 4:06 am

You find the best stuff Will! Gorgeous and inspiring..

• Reply Jane August 5, 2011 at 6:35 am

Oh my goodness – that is amazing! Who would have thought a house boat could look so good. Love all the colour too. Jane @ the girl in the brick house

• Reply EL at home... August 5, 2011 at 6:54 am

Oh Wow!!! I think I've found my new dream house, I mean boat… Amazing!!

• Reply Appunti di casa August 5, 2011 at 7:31 am

Wonderful!!!! I love living space and vintage touch, i love the dining corner and the colors! I love all!! Also if it's so different from my house!
    vale

• Reply Rachel {Little Bits of Lovely} August 5, 2011 at 7:49 am

oh my goodness, this home is wonderful and it floats! Love how beautifully it has been decorated, it has such an incredible warmth to it. The armchair in the second image looks fabulously comfy! xx

• Reply Rona August 5, 2011 at 7:52 am

Hi Will

What an absolutely stunning houseboat. I love the way they've colour-coded the books!

The vintage containers used for the flowers and the floral bedspread are gorgeous.

And the boat is moored just down the road from me…

• Reply Samantha August 5, 2011 at 8:37 am

It looks lovely, is it actually on the water or beside it, do you think it gets rocky when the weather is bad?
    I have that Bianca Hall heart seen in the last photo but in black!

• Reply two hippos August 5, 2011 at 9:17 am

what a fabulous houseboat, a perfect place to live!

• Reply Rachie @ A Chi Chi Affair August 5, 2011 at 9:24 am

Oh my goodness – its totally gorgeous! And huge!! Love all the colour and those typography prints! Super fabulous! xo

• Reply Radostina ♥ 79ideas.org ♥ August 5, 2011 at 10:31 am

I would love to live in a boat-house – ot looks very interesting, different and exciting ;)) Beautiful home, so colorful and nice. Thank you, Will.

• Reply Ana Degenaar August 5, 2011 at 4:39 pm

I adore this tour. My life needs more color.

• Reply Aspiring Kennedy August 5, 2011 at 5:25 pm

i always thought living in a houseboat would be cool… until we moved to oxford and all the creeps live in them. BUT i'd still be up for creating a cool canal neighborhood with some chic peeps. i think we could start the cool new neighborhood in london. whaddaya say?

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar August 5, 2011 at 5:29 pm

Thanks for stopping by, folks!

@Lauren – It's a deal! ;)

• Reply amourette August 5, 2011 at 5:42 pm

I love the little shocks of pink tossed in throughout. I just discovered your blog and am absolutely LOVING it!

• Reply Kayla Poole August 5, 2011 at 6:14 pm

I love the whimsicality of the bookshelf! I spotted the word “kiss” in several places…adore the sentiment and all the color.

• Reply Jessica Polley August 5, 2011 at 10:06 pm

This place is AMAZING! What an inspiration!

Thanks for sharing. :)

Jessica

• Reply Mandy August 11, 2011 at 7:53 pm

Just reposted this amazing post, LOVE IT! :-) Keep on blogging the good stuff! Mandy

• Reply radha February 11, 2013 at 7:52 pm

I loved this houseboat when I saw it in the Times a couple of years ago. Just to let everyone know the KISS pillow is a handmade needlepoint kit from Emily Peacock, and the beautiful prints are from “kiss her” by Bianca Hall :-)