Happy Weekend: Bedroom Bliss!

I’ve always liked the idea of having a shelf behind the headboard of my bed, not just for aesthetic reasons but because it makes good use of ‘dead’ space, too. I like the eclectic, cluttered styling of the shelf here because it adds depth and layering to the space – it’s refreshing to see a bedroom where something other than the headboard becomes the focal point. The sumptuous linens generously layered upon the bed soft the vintage-industrial feel, bringing a much needed tactile element to the room. I could certainly do with a weekend here to rest! Do you have fun plans this weekend, folks?

• Reply Nathandetroit2103 July 29, 2011 at 11:31 pm

My weekend consists of having my husband & 3 kids home for the first time all summer holiday just hanging loose at home. We love your posts and both my boys (16 and 14) aspire to the 'shelf behind the headboard' malarky.

• Reply LESAPEA MUSINGS July 30, 2011 at 12:15 am

This comment has been removed by the author.

• Reply LESAPEA MUSINGS July 30, 2011 at 12:16 am

My hubby and I and our 2 kids are off to a resort for a mini break.

Lisa x

• Reply *little* bouquets July 30, 2011 at 12:50 am

• Reply Jessie July 30, 2011 at 2:31 am

This room looks fabulous! Love the industrial and contemporary vibe.

Enjoy your weekend!

• Reply absolutelynothingtowear.com July 30, 2011 at 6:52 am

Just waking from 8 hours of blissful sleep thanks to my new, crisp, white MATCHING bed linen. It's the little things! And today I shall be erecting a similar shelf bought yesterday at ……sssshhh…….Ikea, on which to display all kinds of postcards and photographs and the things I love to look at. Clever shelves indeed. Have a great weekend. Mel

• Reply Solid Frog July 30, 2011 at 7:10 am

Lovely picture. Hope you feel great, happy weekend!

• Reply OLD BRAND NEW July 30, 2011 at 8:12 pm

I want my bedroom to look exactly like that. Done! I have some projects to finish up but tomorrow, I'm going a party called SUMMERTRAMP in downtown, sounds wild, it'll be fun. Have an awesome weekend, you!

• Reply Mat July 31, 2011 at 6:00 pm

this is my sort of thing (minus the style of sheets)!