Home Tour: A Colourful Vintage

I’m inspired on a daily basis by Solid Frog and this home tour is the latest space to have my heart all a flutter. Well, with knock out geometric flooring like this in the entryway, how could it be anything short of fabulous?! The space is a delightful fusion of vintage finds and striking modern designs: reclaimed wooden cabinets sit comfortably alongside Lucite chairs and anglepoise lamps. Meanwhile, a base of milky whites allow for a smattering of colourful accent pieces, tied together by a continuation of black hues throughout. OK, why not dive in and tell me what’s catching your interiors-loving eye?

• Reply edwinaowenselliott.com January 7, 2011 at 12:11 am

Wonderful! Love the textures, the old, the new, the treasures. Not crazy about the floor lamps tho. Too gimmicky for my taste.

• Reply annette joseph January 7, 2011 at 12:11 am

love every image, you're so GOOD!

• Reply KC January 7, 2011 at 12:26 am

how do you do it? LOVE, love, and l.o.v.e. The mix of new and old is sublime.

• Reply Laura Trevey January 7, 2011 at 12:51 am

Way cool! Love the old and the new… killer table on wheels …

• Reply David Toms January 7, 2011 at 1:26 am

Love mixing vintage with new! My coffee table is very similar to the metal one you have pictured with wheels, except with a slatted wooden top

• Reply Dumbwit Tellher January 7, 2011 at 1:29 am

Hi Will – gorgeous all around. Extremely fond of the weathered pieces and the pops of gold. So much to love no doubt about it.

Happy New Year to you!

Cheers ~ Deb

• Reply Rachel @ Little Bits of Lovely January 7, 2011 at 1:50 am

Happy new year Will! I love it all! The artwork, the lightfittings and that gorgeously comfy looking armchair. Thanks for the gorgeous inspiration :)

• Reply Tonia of Chic Modern Vintage January 7, 2011 at 4:02 am

Seriously loving the office space. I hope that your year has kicked off to a great start.

• Reply Pinecone January 7, 2011 at 4:42 am

I love all of the oversized pieces!! I'd have no space for them…but I love them just the same.

Ashlyn

• Reply Caitlin January 7, 2011 at 5:00 am

This post took my breath away! How do you do it EVERY day Will. Thank you for all of the inspiration you give me. xx

• Reply Old Brand New January 7, 2011 at 6:58 am

Be still my heart. Will, you just killed me over here with this smorgasbord of amazing vintage moderness! Beginning with those checkered floors, black door, then paper scroll on the wall and wire paperbin, followed by the oversized lamp and paper note ceiling thingamabob. Absolutely delicious.

• Reply Rachie @ A Chi Chi Affair January 7, 2011 at 11:20 am

The oversized pieces are totally fab! Great pics as ever!
    Rachie xo

• Reply Harlow January 7, 2011 at 11:38 am

I am in love with that winred sofa with the colourful fabris in it and that blue vintage dressoir! x

• Reply Helena - A Diary of Lovely January 7, 2011 at 1:18 pm

stuuuunner! and that door even though completely different reminds me of the entrance of the kate spade store, a bit?

• Reply Renee (eatliveshop.com) January 7, 2011 at 2:17 pm

Wow I'm in complete awe! This place is absolutely gorgeous!

• Reply Stacey January 7, 2011 at 3:14 pm

Gorgeous! I love the effortless melding of the old and the new! XX

• Reply Kayla Poole January 7, 2011 at 4:47 pm

love this home. especially those colorful round pillows strewn everywhere. So inviting!

• Reply Kate January 7, 2011 at 4:47 pm

Wow, completely amazing (and I love that the iMac doesn't look out of place even though it's surrounded by older pieces!)

• Reply Michaela January 7, 2011 at 5:47 pm

You're right- that floor is amazing. And I'm loving the beams on the ceiling. Really emphasizes how grand they are!

• Reply creamylife January 7, 2011 at 6:06 pm

I featured this home last week and I absolutely LOVE it! happy Friday, Will! xo

• Reply oh, hello friend. January 7, 2011 at 6:48 pm

I am totally envious of this home, although it is a good motivator for me to clean up my home so I can re-design everything in the new year ;) Happy weekend friend! xo, danni

• Reply Yummy Scrumptious January 7, 2011 at 7:41 pm

So beautiful. I love a neutral background, it gives you every opportunity. AND, I die for that blue cabinet. I was just introduced to your blog and so glad I was!

• Reply rubyrhino January 7, 2011 at 7:42 pm

There's SO much to love here! The two workspace/desk areas are really inspiring me at the moment as I'm setting up my own – what great spaces to get creative in.
    The coffee table is beyond fabulous and I love the snip of the bedroom too.
    Overall fantastic bold use of colour that should inspire us all to experiment more!

• Reply MTW January 7, 2011 at 8:56 pm

Wow, this is so beautiful Will! I love it. Great use of colour. x

• Reply Rocio Rincon January 7, 2011 at 9:38 pm

The blue cabinet is awesome!

• Reply emma@themarionhousebook January 8, 2011 at 1:22 am

Fabulous! Love all the cushions.

• Reply Chantale January 8, 2011 at 8:14 pm

Wow, SUPER love this post! Actually, I haven't really read anything cuz I just love the layout of it! lol. Sorry, I'm more a visual person. Love the way you put it together Will. Awesomeness.

• Reply Julie @ Chapman Interiors January 8, 2011 at 8:29 pm

This home is DELISH!! your graphic additions are wonderful too :) That little tuffted rust colored chair is my FAVE, now I must search for one..

xooxox

• Reply Roxy Te January 11, 2011 at 2:26 pm

ooh that last picture! I've always fancied a spiral staircase!