Uncategorized

A Livingetc Christmas

Having already dazzled us with their 2010 take on Christmas, I just knew taking a trip through the Livingetc Christmas archives would deliver yet more inspiration. I’m totally gaga about the range of different looks they’ve put together over the years, so I’ve pulled together some of my favourites and added a few decorating tips along the way. If I had to pick a top look it would be the wintry white wreath (above) with it’s proud stag and peek of blue stripe ribbon. That said, it still blows me away how cool a tree can look made out of post-it notes (below). Which of the different looks have you inspired for your own holiday decorating?

• Reply christine, just bella November 18, 2010 at 12:40 am

hehe, I love the post-it note tree! How cute is that!?

• Reply Wendy November 18, 2010 at 2:28 am

loving the 1st photo, pretty!

i did a post on exposed brick today – i think you should pop by and take a peek!!! perhaps more photo's to add to your inspiration files πŸ™‚

• Reply Tommy November 18, 2010 at 2:30 am

Oh! I love the silver and white with the Post-It tree. So clever and chic.

• Reply Marcus Design November 18, 2010 at 3:01 am

Love love love! Seriously Will, looking at this post just gets me all giddy for Christmas, thank you!!
    Nancy xo

• Reply Kathysue November 18, 2010 at 4:52 am

Will I love these images, so fun. I think the more the merrier when it comes to Christmas post, I can't get my fill. Love the white stag!! Kathysue

• Reply Rachel November 18, 2010 at 5:01 am

Loving all of your Christmas posts Will! Looks like a fab issue! xx

• Reply Splendid Willow November 18, 2010 at 6:24 am

Baubles on pretty ribbons. I like that! Perhaps even in my chandelier?

Love, Mon

• Reply Charlotta Ward November 18, 2010 at 6:48 am

Loving the white cones! In our family we have a tradition to spray them gold and silver, but I am now going to change that thanks to you..! (You may get calls.. πŸ™‚

Loving the 'card holding canvases' – how fun for a room that needs a bit of a 'holiday lift'.

All in all. Gorgeous inspiration. Can always count on you my dear!

xx Charlotta

P.S. Linked to your Sweet Paul spread in my last post. You're so clever Will!! xx

• Reply Bethany Dirksen November 18, 2010 at 10:05 am

I just have to say that your blog is the most “magazine-like” I have ever seen. I mean that in a very much complimentary way, just so you know. Loving it!

• Reply heavenlywriter November 18, 2010 at 10:17 am

I adore the card box… who knew something so simple could be so pretty! I just have to make one now…

• Reply Rachie @ A Chi Chi Affair November 18, 2010 at 10:40 am

Beautiful wreath! And i am also loving the oversized baubles!
    Feeling very christmassy!
    Rachie xo

• Reply The Zhush November 18, 2010 at 11:36 am

So fun! And now off to make a lovely tree out of post it notes! πŸ™‚

• Reply Connie @ SogniESorrisi November 18, 2010 at 1:08 pm

I like the tip about the ribbon!

• Reply Better stay anonymous! November 18, 2010 at 4:47 pm

I love white Christmas decorations and that wreath is SO gorgeous!!!

Totally agree with Bethany by the way, your blog is amazing, can't believe this is the first time I come across it. Shame on me…

• Reply Pinecone Camp November 18, 2010 at 5:28 pm

Living Etc always does it up right at Christmas…wish i could get my mitts on this issue right now!
    Love that wreath!

• Reply Mr. Goodwill Hunting November 18, 2010 at 6:02 pm

The last one is my top. Gotta love the gold. Wondering if I will decorate for the season.

• Reply Michaela November 18, 2010 at 7:58 pm

I love the first wreath. I'm going to try to make one of my own out of pine cones this year! Adorable little post it Christmas Tree!

• Reply Caitlin at the Desert Domicile November 18, 2010 at 10:38 pm

I love the oversized ornaments in the last photo as well as the adorable deer figures that look like silhouettes! I can't wait to decorate my place!

• Reply Caitlin November 18, 2010 at 11:54 pm

You just put me in the holiday spirit! I'm counting down the days until Christmas πŸ™‚

• Reply Apt. #34 November 19, 2010 at 12:51 am

I love, love, love. If i beg and plead will you start sending me issues?! I hate getting them a month behind at Barnes & Noble!

• Reply Renee (eatliveshop.com) November 19, 2010 at 2:12 pm

I love it all! This is my favourite time of the year and I'm so excited to get my Christmas tree up! And how amazing is that post-it tree – love!

• Reply jan November 19, 2010 at 3:03 pm

love that post-it note tree! may just go make one now!

• Reply Stacey November 19, 2010 at 6:29 pm

I'm in love with that fourth image!

• Reply Modern Country Lady November 20, 2010 at 1:42 am

Love the wreath!! Might go for that myself this weekend!!I love your blog!!Came to your great blog via A Diary of Lovely.
    I am new in blogland and just started my new blog, http://moderncountrylady.blogspot.com
    Come and check it out if you have the time and let me know what you think- and become a follower if you want .I am certainly going to follow your blog- I would not want to miss a fun blog like this for the world!! Have a great weekend !!
    Bea

• Reply Mochatini November 22, 2010 at 9:08 pm

the painted pinecone wreath is Gorgeous!! I NEED to give it a try.
    thanks for sharing all this fabulousness Will.
    ps: awesome job for RUE #2.
    pps: would really help if you had the name/url option for comments for us self-hosted bloggers. Thanks

• Reply Apt. #34 November 24, 2010 at 5:25 pm

this has long been one of my favorite livingetc shoots ever!

• Reply 60 Cool Alternative Christmas Tree Ideas • Cool Crafts December 7, 2015 at 9:06 am

[…] eye-catching Christmas tree design has been created using Post-It notes! Be sure to head over to Bright Bazaar to see this crafty alternative in all of its […]

• Reply Árboles de Navidad diferentes que puedes hacer en casa December 21, 2016 at 12:07 pm

[…] FotografΓ­a de brightbazaarblog […]