Uncategorized

{Interiors Inspiration: Hallways}

For me, not much can beat that feeling of walking through the front door after one of those days. We’ve all had them, when you just can’t wait to get home. Whatever it is you love about your hallway – the smell, the colour, the pile of fabulous shoes…(!) – I can bet there’s one thing from these stunning hallways you would like to add to your own. I’d like to add a little Tam Tam stool (5) to the base of my staircase, and I think the burnt orange (8) entrance hall makes for a great statement space.

• Reply Vitania April 23, 2010 at 1:28 pm

Great Gallery of Hallways.. I love that first image – no matter how hard i try there will always be a pair of shoes, a Jacket and a notebook bag somewhere on the floor of my entrance…:-)

• Reply Blueberry Park April 23, 2010 at 2:06 pm

thanks for the super inspiration, Will…we've finished decorating our hallway, but now need to shed a bit of life into it…I'm liking the feel of these, particularly the first.

• Reply Designwali April 23, 2010 at 2:18 pm

fantastic pics…I'm so glad I read your blog everyday!

• Reply Cynthia Fox-Giddens April 23, 2010 at 2:22 pm

Great photos and lovely ideas for front door entrances. I like my own too if I say so myself :-)

• Reply Camilla Leila April 23, 2010 at 3:07 pm

LOVE the chalkboard and the 7th photo. everytime i come to your blog it makes me sooo eager to move out of my tiny apartment and make a home!

• Reply ashlina April 23, 2010 at 3:53 pm

oh sigh. i love so many of those. that orange just calls to me. and that all white hallway with the big round mirror…luuuuuv.

happy friday luvr!

• Reply Li April 23, 2010 at 6:10 pm

I love #2, the way the hallway seems such a good transition between the outside and inside, with the tree/birds and the tiled floor.

Sadly my hallway is teeny tiny, I doubt you could put anything in without it getting in the way! (And my dearest beloved wouldn't let me get vintage coat hooks: http://www.wysterialane.co.uk/bombay-duck-coats-and-hats-hooks.html or http://www.wysterialane.co.uk/bombay-duck-home-hooks.html , even though I have a £10 voucher for that site! the outrage!!)

• Reply The City Sage April 24, 2010 at 10:49 pm

Sometimes I feel like my hallway is the only stylish spot in the whole house, because it's the only one i can keep clean! it's small enough to feel manageable when i tidy. but it's not nearly as smashing as these pics!

• Reply Jason April 28, 2010 at 8:12 pm